trinity-devel@lists.pearsoncomputing.net

Message: previous - next
Month: October 2014

Re: [trinity-devel] R14 hard freeze for RC1

From: "Timothy Pearson" <kb9vqf@...>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 13:02:54 -0500
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA224

> On Tuesday 14 of October 2014 19:08:32 Timothy Pearson wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> As you can probably see from the activity on the trinity-commits list
>> there have been multiple updates to both the common cmake/admin modules
>> and the icons across the entire tree over the past week or so.
>>
>> This ongoing activity has forced essentially a full archive rebuild for
>> Debian/Ubuntu, our primary supported distributions.
>>
>> I am announcing a ***hard freeze*** for R14 to allow the Debian/Ubuntu
>> rebuild to start generating our RC1 package sets.  There are currently
>> three open bug reports blocking Bug 2014; patches that do not relate to
>> those three reports must be discussed on this list and approved by me
>> before being committed to GIT.  Additionally, only patches that do not
>> affect the common cmake/admin modules will even be considered at this
>> time.
>>
>> After the RC1 rebuilds are complete this soft freeze will thaw to accept
>> patches for bugs discovered before and during RC1 testing.  This thaw
>> will
>> be short lived to allow time for RC2 rebuilds, so all patches should be
>> ready within a week after RC1 release.
>>
>> Each rebuild cycle takes around 2-3 weeks due to the multitude of
>> distributions supported.  If no common cmake/admin modules are updated
>> for
>> RC2 the resultant rebuild will take less time.
>>
>> Onwards to the much-fabled R14 release! :-)
>>
>> Tim
>>
>
> I'm currently a few days in processing patches from bug 2110 (tdebase on
> openbsd). Most are just ifdef, or portions of code specific to OpenBSD.
> The
> last that I will soon edit are patches to enable building without tdehwlib
> -
> again just a few ifdefs.
>
> Can I continue integrating these patches without discussion?
>
> --
> Slávek

Go ahead as long as admin and/or cmake are not touched, however please
wait to push until you can push all of the patches at once; i.e. commit
each patch normally to your local GIT tree, then after you have all
patches locally committed push in one large operation to the server.  This
will minimize impact to the ongoing rebuild (and only works in this case
without a mess because you will be the only developer making commits at
this time)

Tim
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)

iFYEARELAAYFAlQ9ZU4ACgkQLaxZSoRZrGGrjgDgh/DpSO+lzw6+0mMbHbVfk6it
pBtugtvrow93kgDfdv28+yAa5hboNkzaEsxM5m3pPd/b3aRT+QlLIA==
=yOOw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----