BTW, is there someone working with artwork already? I like to have a try at helping with that.

Best regards,
Tiago

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Tiago Marques <tiagomnm@...> wrote:
Thank you for the log Robert. I was not able to attend.

Best regards,
Tiago


On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Robert Xu <robxu9@...> wrote:
Oh, come on, I needed a different name to call this :)

I threw up this list also on Etherpad so that we can mark done/not-done/etc.
And reevaluate next month.
http://trinity.etherpad.trinitydesktop.org/26

It's also on email if you can't access it; see below.

===========================================================================================================================================================================
#trinity-desktop-meeting: Trinity Desktop Environment - November
Developer Meeting - please have
http://trinity.etherpad.trinitydesktop.org/15 open so you can follow
along
===========================================================================================================================================================================


Meeting started by MutantTurkey at 16:39:33 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/lincomlinux/MeetBot/trinity-desktop-meeting/2011/trinity-desktop-meeting.2011-11-15-16.39.log.html


Meeting summary
---------------
* Roadmap  (MutantTurkey, 17:04:42)
 * LINK:
   http://www.trinitydesktop.org/wiki/bin/view/Developers/3_5_14_Roadmap
   (MutantTurkey, 17:05:33)
 * LINK:
   http://www.trinitydesktop.org/wiki/bin/view/Developers/3_5_14_Roadmap
   (MutantTurkey, 17:06:21)
 * all bugs should be reported and with patches for 3.5.13 in the bug
   tracker or on ML  (MutantTurkey, 17:07:36)
 * darrell will continue to help testing on slackware, this will help
   eliminate bugs.  (MutantTurkey, 17:09:09)

* Packagers  (MutantTurkey, 17:09:37)
 * Because of the migration to git, we will all need to rework our
   build specs  (MutantTurkey, 17:10:33)
 * Packagers will have 1 week to package binaries.  (MutantTurkey,
   17:11:05)
 * HELP: waiting for Ark devels to be ready, then Piki will go ahead
   and make packages  (MutantTurkey, 17:12:45)
 * darrell wants to have improved wiki regarding building packages
   (MutantTurkey, 17:13:07)
 * Darrell is also close to having packages ready for slack.
   (MutantTurkey, 17:13:16)
 * MutantTurkey has made Archlinux package available in the AUR.
   (MutantTurkey, 17:15:52)

* Dealing With Damage Control  (MutantTurkey, 17:16:31)
 * this is NOT us vsthem  (MutantTurkey, 17:18:16)
 * LINK: http://trinity.etherpad.trinitydesktop.org/22   (MutantTurkey,
   17:18:22)
 * ACTION: continue to improve FAQ page and then upload it to the
   website  (MutantTurkey, 17:18:44)
 * LINK: http://trinity.etherpad.trinitydesktop.org/24   (MutantTurkey,
   17:18:56)
 * Ignore martin and his bandits who seek to undermine trinity
   (MutantTurkey, 17:20:50)
 * ACTION: Add a kde4 vs trinity section to FAQ, explain alternatives
   (MutantTurkey, 17:21:38)
 * LINK: http://trinity.etherpad.trinitydesktop.org/24   (MutantTurkey,
   17:21:49)
 * ACTION: rzs19 will continue to  work on BLUEZ  (MutantTurkey,
   17:23:12)

* Release Goals  (MutantTurkey, 17:24:10)
 * main goals are; Bug squashing, Hald replacement, CMake conversion
   progress,  (MutantTurkey, 17:25:08)
 * secondary goals include bluetooth and Qt4 conversion  (MutantTurkey,
   17:26:13)
 * ACTION: samelian is working on a Upower interface  (MutantTurkey,
   17:27:14)
 * ACTION: reduce papercut bugs  (MutantTurkey, 17:27:21)
 * ACTION: fix all high priority bugs  (MutantTurkey, 17:28:20)
 * kdebindings is a less important goal current  (MutantTurkey,
   17:29:35)
 * massive KDE to TDE renaming is also occuring, this means kwin is
   twin and kdebase is tdebase, etc.  (MutantTurkey, 17:29:54)
 * ACTION: remove all kde references  (MutantTurkey, 17:30:11)
 * ACTION: merge kdebindings patches into git.  (MutantTurkey,
   17:30:40)
 * LINK: http://git.trinitydesktop.org/cgit   (MutantTurkey, 17:30:51)

* Binary Compat Issue  (MutantTurkey, 17:32:15)
 * LINK: http://trinity.etherpad.trinitydesktop.org/24   (MutantTurkey,
   17:33:28)
 * Please read the wiki page regarding binary compatability.
   (MutantTurkey, 17:33:39)
 * IDEA: go right to 3.6 and break compat  (MutantTurkey, 17:35:10)

* CMake Etherpad needs to be recreated  (MutantTurkey, 17:37:24)
 * our cmake progress tracker disappeared when etherpad crashed,
   someone needs to recreate this checklist  (MutantTurkey, 17:37:57)
 * ACTION: recreate checklist  (MutantTurkey, 17:38:02)

* Migration to Git  (MutantTurkey, 17:38:24)
 * we are currently migrating to git  (MutantTurkey, 17:39:09)
 * this will take until the beginning of december  (MutantTurkey,
   17:39:27)
 * ACTION: create documenation regarding git for developers and
   packagers  (MutantTurkey, 17:39:42)
 * LINK: http://trinitydesktop.org/cgit/   (MutantTurkey, 17:39:53)
 * Git is better than SVN for our needs, it will help keep things
   working more consistantly  (MutantTurkey, 17:40:57)
 * we will no longer be relying upon kde.org's SVN  (MutantTurkey,
   17:41:08)
 * this will open up the tree to other developers interested in getting
   involved  (MutantTurkey, 17:41:16)

* Website Improvements  (MutantTurkey, 17:42:48)
 * create a FAQ page  (MutantTurkey, 17:43:16)
 * ACTION: send in screenshots  (MutantTurkey, 17:43:26)
 * increase wiki integration  (MutantTurkey, 17:44:13)
 * ACTION: remove forum  (MutantTurkey, 17:44:26)
 * ACTION: have darrell audit our website  (MutantTurkey, 17:45:21)
 * ACTION: review site and make sure it is fufilling our needs
   (MutantTurkey, 17:45:33)
 * website is already simple php however, I wrote it.  (MutantTurkey,
   17:45:42)
 * IDEA: add website to our Git tree.  (MutantTurkey, 17:45:50)
 * ACTION: everyone send ideas to for website to ML  (MutantTurkey,
   17:46:39)

* artwork  (MutantTurkey, 17:47:35)
 * Strangelv is our ideas guy for artwork/marketing  (MutantTurkey,
   17:48:13)
 * ACTION: create new artwork for 3.5.14  (MutantTurkey, 17:49:40)
 * look through kde-looks to get info  (MutantTurkey, 17:49:46)
 * ACTION: have Strangelv look at making a mascot  (MutantTurkey,
   17:49:58)
 * IDEA: use a Clover or another 3 sided figure as mascot (maybe a
   trident?)  (MutantTurkey, 17:50:16)
 * Strangelv put together a bisic idea of a prototype  (MutantTurkey,
   17:50:44)
 * create a nice 30 second promo about trinity  (MutantTurkey,
   17:51:12)
 * IDEA: have a video of people talking about how they use trinity
   (MutantTurkey, 17:51:55)
 * slap MutantTurkey for being an idiot  (MutantTurkey, 17:52:25)

* version numbers  (MutantTurkey, 17:52:43)
 * IDEA: use R14.0.0 as next release  (MutantTurkey, 17:53:38)
 * IDEA: what about 4.0 or 3.6?  (MutantTurkey, 17:54:36)
 * AGREED: R14.0.0 is good  (MutantTurkey, 17:55:29)
 * ACTION: we need a clear explination for this  (MutantTurkey,
   17:55:47)
 * AGREED: we are not going to use an ubuntu-like date system
   (MutantTurkey, 17:56:59)
 * AGREED: we cannot use anything with a 4.  (MutantTurkey, 17:57:34)
 * ACTION: create a clear explaination AND a wiki page regarding our
   policy.  (MutantTurkey, 17:58:23)
 * the remaining 0.0's can be used for SRUs and bugfix releases
   (MutantTurkey, 17:59:12)
 * IDEA: major,bugfix,securitypatches  (MutantTurkey, 17:59:38)
 * AGREED: R14 it is  (MutantTurkey, 18:06:58)

* closing remarks  (MutantTurkey, 18:07:51)
 * thank you everyone for showing up!  (MutantTurkey, 18:08:18)
 * we will be conducting monthly meetings so see you in december
   (MutantTurkey, 18:08:36)

Meeting ended at 18:11:07 UTC.




Action Items
------------
* continue to improve FAQ page and then upload it to the website
* Add a kde4 vs trinity section to FAQ, explain alternatives
* rzs19 will continue to  work on BLUEZ
* samelian is working on a Upower interface
* reduce papercut bugs
* fix all high priority bugs
* remove all kde references
* merge kdebindings patches into git.
* recreate checklist
* create documenation regarding git for developers and packagers
* send in screenshots
* remove forum
* have darrell audit our website
* review site and make sure it is fufilling our needs
* everyone send ideas to for website to ML
* create new artwork for 3.5.14
* have Strangelv look at making a mascot
* we need a clear explination for this
* create a clear explaination AND a wiki page regarding our policy.




Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* darrell
 * have darrell audit our website
* rzs19
 * rzs19 will continue to  work on BLUEZ
* samelian
 * samelian is working on a Upower interface
* Strangelv
 * have Strangelv look at making a mascot
* **UNASSIGNED**
 * continue to improve FAQ page and then upload it to the website
 * Add a kde4 vs trinity section to FAQ, explain alternatives
 * reduce papercut bugs
 * fix all high priority bugs
 * remove all kde references
 * merge kdebindings patches into git.
 * recreate checklist
 * create documenation regarding git for developers and packagers
 * send in screenshots
 * remove forum
 * review site and make sure it is fufilling our needs
 * everyone send ideas to for website to ML
 * create new artwork for 3.5.14
 * we need a clear explination for this
 * create a clear explaination AND a wiki page regarding our policy.




People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* MutantTurkey (251)
* kb9vqf-offsite (63)
* darrell (61)
* Z_God (59)
* Strangelv (50)
* Xu_R|School (19)
* Piki (13)
* rzs19 (10)
* samelian (9)
* msb (6)
* hoernerfranz (4)
* [lindaemon] (2)




Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4

.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot


--
later daze. :: Robert Xu :: rxu.lincomlinux.org :: protocol.by/rxu

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: trinity-devel-unsubscribe@...
For additional commands, e-mail: trinity-devel-help@...
Read list messsages on the Web archive: http://trinity-devel.pearsoncomputing.net/
Please remember not to top-post: http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/mailing_lists/#top-posting