Message: previous - next
Month: January 2012

Re: [trinity-devel] tdelibs FTBFS with tqt3

From: Darrell Anderson <humanreadable@...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:53:50 -0800 (PST)
> > You're skipping some steps here.
> :) Make sure TQT_REAL_TQT is set where?
> Make sure that it is set to 1 via a #define
> > Where and how do I check?
> One way would be to select a failing C++ file and insert the
> following
> block after all the #include statements:
> #ifdef TQT_REAL_TQT
> #error TQT_REAL_TQT is SET
> #else
> #error TQT_REAL_TQT is NOT set
> #endif

I could hen-peck a long time to resolve this.

I'm confused why you think the build is not detecting the TQT_REAL_TQT.

qglobal.h contains #define TQT_REAL_TQT 1, which is installed from tqt3.

tqt.h contains #include <qglobal.h>, which is installed from tqtinterface.

Therefore the define for TQT_REAL_TQT is available the moment tqt.h is included.

Something else is happening.

I tried build everything without gcc visibility, but that proved nothing. I am guessing that unlike the tdemultimedia-arts failure, the tdelibs failure is not related to visibility.

I'm wondering whether there is something obscure in my build environment that causes this detection to break.

Also, the build errors are related to *.o files and not in the *.cpp compiling. That moves me to think the problem is in the linking.