Message: previous - next
Month: April 2012

Re: [trinity-devel] New tdebase build fail at beginning - Entity 'tde-release-date' not defined

From: Darrell Anderson <humanreadable@...>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 22:00:30 -0700 (PDT)
>   I just hit a new build failure in tdebase. I don't
> know if this is related to
> a prior patch, a parallel build failure -- or what. I
> haven't seen this before
> with document generation:
> Scanning dependencies of target kfind-en-handbook
> [  2%] Generating index.cache.bz2
> [  2%] Built target kmenuedit-en-handbook
> Scanning dependencies of target
> khelpcenter-visualdict-en-handbook
> [  2%] Generating index.cache.bz2
> index.docbook:22: parser error : Entity 'tde-release-date'
> not defined
> <date>&tde-release-date;</date>
>         ^
> index.docbook:23: parser error : Entity
> 'tde-release-version' not defined
> <releaseinfo>&tde-release-version;</releaseinfo>
>   ^
> index.docbook:30: parser error : Entity 'tde-copyright-date'
> not defined
> <year>&tde-copyright-date;</year>
>           ^
> make[2]: *** [doc/visualdict/index.cache.bz2] Error 1
> make[1]: ***
> [doc/visualdict/CMakeFiles/khelpcenter-visualdict-en-handbook.dir/all]
> Error 2
> make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> [  2%] Built target kfind-en-handbook
>   What is wrong with the </year> ??

Blame me. :) Refer to GIT hash 3a36b8dd, 2012-04-05.

All you need do is resync your local repository. Rebuild tedelibs as well as tdebase.

Longer story:

I added three new entities to the DocBook general.entities file. I added a shell script that is now part of the source tree that the cmake process runs at build time. Like the cmake files, the shell script is not installed in the package. The shell script updates the general.entities file with three new entities. In your build output (after you update your sources), you'll see something like this:

-- Updating /dev/shm/tdelibs/kdoctools/customization/entities/general.entities:
     TDE Release Version: R14.0.0 [DEVELOPMENT]
     TDE Release Date: April  5, 2012
     TDE Release Copyright: 2010-2012
-- Updated as follows:

<!ENTITY tde-release-version "R14.0.0 [DEVELOPMENT]">
<!ENTITY tde-release-date "April  5, 2012">
<!ENTITY tde-copyright-date "2010-2012">

I updated (at least) three DocBook help files to use these new entities. They now will display a real-time date and version in the document heading rather than the embarrassing "Version 0.1, Jan. 2001." I think I updated the user guide, welcome guide, and one other.

When rebuilt, open the Help center from the menu, and browse those files. You should see the information up above rather than the old static information. I hope to have those manuals all edited before R14 release.

As a general policy, I recommend we convert the static information to entities only after each document is reviewed and updated. That is, leave them static until overhauled, then replace the old information with the entities.

My apologies for no announcement or warning.