Message: previous - next
Month: May 2012

Re: [trinity-devel] Mysterious hard-coding

From: Darrell Anderson <humanreadable@...>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 12:41:18 -0700 (PDT)
> >> Are you building with Autotools or CMake?
> >
> > Both, depending on the module.
> tdecore?

I meant that I use either automake or cmake, depending upon the moudle. In the case of tdelibs (tdecore), I use cmake.

> Actually, I meant for debugging purposes to perform a text
> search inside the binary and library files themselves, not the source
> files.

I did that too, a long time ago. :-)

Nonetheless, I just now ran 'grep -a' against my current installation, which is built with $PREFIX/share/applications/kde. tde-config is the only executable with a reference to applications/kde and is the only library file, but that library file reference is to applications/kde4. Changing to share/applications/tde would produce equivalent results.

I have tested with a new profile, to ensure the hard-coding is not there. Same results with Konqueror not loading the other Settings options.

In other words, I have beaten myself up pretty good trying to solve this mystery. I'll be quite tickled if somebody eventually shows me something obvious that I overlooked. I just want the mystery solved and don't care whether my eyesight or intelligence become suspect. :-)

At the moment I don't recall other breakages other than the Konqueror example, but I seem to recall other things. Possibly only Konqueror is broken and nothing else. Possibly the clue is in the Konqueror code only.

I'm going to try another run today with the new path of $PREFIX/share/applications/tde.