Message: previous - next
Month: June 2012

Re: [trinity-devel] FTBFS tqca-tls (x86_64) can't find TQt3 (i686 builds?)

From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 18:06:29 -0500
On 06/24/2012 05:58 PM, Darrell Anderson wrote:
>> I got it -- I wall just have to patch the mkspec for
>> linux-g++-64 when I build TQt3. Simple patch -- just took a while to find the issue.
>> I have tqca-tls building now after editing the mkspec.
> David, do you need to patch mkspec? I ran into the same (or similar) problem last week. The solution is to use the respective (T)Qt3 "platform" configure option:
> ./configure \
> ...
> -platform ${PLATFORM} \
> ...
> Where ${PLATFORM} is defined in your build script. For Slackware I do this:
> if [ "$LIBDIRSUFFIX" = "64" ]; then
>   PLATFORM="linux-g++-${LIBDIRSUFFIX}"
> else
>   PLATFORM="linux-g++"
> fi
> As Arch does not use a suffix, possibly all you need do is this:
> ./configure \
> ...
> -platform linux-g++ \
> ...
> Darrell

  To solve the whole issue with tqca-tls, I just had to edit:


and change:

QMAKE_LIBDIR_QT         = $(QTDIR)/lib64

back to:

QMAKE_LIBDIR_QT         = $(QTDIR)/lib

  Like I said, I still don't see why you would every want a $(QTDIR)/lib64
unless you want to install TQt3 in /usr. If a majority use /usr/lib64, then it
is a good change. It was just frustrating as all getout trying to find where in
the heck the new **/lib64 stuff was coming from. I would never in 100 years
found it in mkspecs/linux-g++-64/qmake.conf. I dorked with building tqca-tls
every which way to Sunday and still could make it expose where that 64 was
coming from. That's just my shortcoming in understanding how the Qt bits get
pulled from the mkspec dirs. I know now :)

David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.