Message: previous - next
Month: March 2016

Re: [trinity-devel] Help porting KDE3 app to trinity

From: Slávek Banko <slavek.banko@...>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 03:22:31 +0100
On Friday 11 of March 2016 17:40:06 Russell Brown wrote:
> Hi Slávek,
> Thanks for the response.
> Quoth Slávek Banko.....
> >Dne p? 11. b?ezna 2016 Russell Brown napsal(a):
> >> I'm trying to migrate our systems to a 'pure' TDE 14 environment on
> >> Debian Jessie (previously used Wheezy with a TDE and KDE3 mix) and
> >> having real problems porting an old KDE3.5 application (it's a modified
> >> version of kconsole that's needed to run some of our legacy stuff).
> >
> >Unfortunately, the procedure is not yet listed on the wiki. However, for
> >applications that use automake procedure is roughly as follows:
> >
> >1) Remove the original 'admin' folder
> >2) Use script experimental/qt3-tqt3/convert_existing_qt3_app_to_tqt3
> >3) Use script experimental/kde-tde/convert_existing_kde3_app_to_tde
> >4) Add new 'admin' folder from the main/common/admin
> >5) Try to build the application and resolve problems that occur :)
> >
> >What application do you want to port?
> >If you want, use my private email address...
> As I said in my posting to the list, it's a modified copy of konsole
> renamed to klt.
> I tried your suggestions above but a) convert_existing_kde3_app_to_tde
> seems to be looking for specific applications and b) even after running
> this, configure fails with Qt headers not found.
> Previously I'd tried adding:
> CFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tqt
> CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/include/tqt
> to and copying the admin folder from
> tdebase-trinity-14.0.3/admin then:
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> (all as suggested here:
> The configure says it's worked but the make fails with:
> >Making all in klt
> >make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/tract/csrc/klt/klt'
> >/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. 
> > -I.. -I. -I/opt/trinity/include -I/usr/share/tqt3/include -I. -include
> > tqt.h   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -I/usr/include/tqt -MT
> > TEPty.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/TEPty.Tpo -c -o TEPty.lo TEPty.cpp ../libtool:
> > line 2083: TEPty.cpp: command not found
> >libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I. 
> > -I/opt/trinity/include -I/usr/share/tqt3/include -I. -include tqt.h
> > -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/tqt -MT TEPty.lo -MD -MP
> > -MF .deps/TEPty.Tpo -c ""  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/TEPty.o g++: error: : No
> > such file or directory
> I've taken the liberty of attaching a tgz of the application.  Perhaps
> you can see what's going wrong?

Hi Russel,

thank you for your tarball. Today I found some time, so I looked more closely 
to the application:

1) Created GIT repository for this application, so I can save the individual 
steps as a separate commits.
2) Cleaned the files generated during build, including the original 'admin' 
folder and performed the initial commit.
2) Added common submodules 'admin' and 'cmake' from TDE.
3) Tested building in TDE 3.5.13.x and solved problems that occur.
4) Performed TQt conversion and TDE conversion.
6) Tested building in TDE R14.0.3 - successfully.

In attached tarball you can find the resulting source code, including .git 
repository. Moreover, is also added 'debian' folder which can be useful for 
you to built 'deb' package. I hope that the result will be good for you.

If you encounter any other problems, do not hesitate to let us know :)