Message: previous - next
Month: November 2011

Re: [trinity-devel] tdelibs code from git not compiling (arch)

From: L0ner sh4dou <sh4dou@...>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:47:26 +0100
2011/11/12 L0ner sh4dou <sh4dou@...>:
> 2011/11/12 Timothy Pearson <kb9vqf@...>:
>>> 2011/11/12 L0ner sh4dou <sh4dou@...>:
>>>> 2011/11/12 Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey@...>:
>>>>> On 12 November 2011 09:38, L0ner sh4dou <sh4dou@...> wrote:
>>>>>> 2011/11/12 Robert Xu <robxu9@...>:
>>>>>> > On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 09:29, L0ner sh4dou <sh4dou@...>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>> >> I'm continuing my attempt to compile trinity on arch. I got this
>>>>>> >> during tdelibs compilation
>>>>>> >> Is this some error that sneaked into git tree code, or I'm missing
>>>>>> >> some dependency?
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> > Probably shouldn't be using git, because the migration isn't
>>>>>> complete
>>>>>> > and there are some changes...
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> >
>>>>>> I'll pull code from svn, and try ro recompile to see if the problem
>>>>>> presents itself again.
>>>>> Use the tarballs for the 3.5.13 release. Apparently some svn externals
>>>>> got
>>>>> messed up?
>>>> downloadin, downloading, I'm downloading everything.
>>> Same thing happens when I try to compile code from tarball. SVN throws
>>> at me network errors...
>> Use the source tarballs at
>> To reiterate: The GIT repository is NOT READY and IS NOT GUARANTEED TO
>> COMPILE.  I have until Dec. 1st to finish the migration according to the
>> schedule, and due to recent events (see other postings on this list) I may
>> end up overrunning that date.
>> Tim
> Well, the best thing is I used them and the same problem showed up.
> Right now I'm thinking about using code from svn or using old code I
> have somewhere on my hdd. Probably I'll end using old code since svn
> is throwing at me compression and network errors.
I removed everything I build till now, cleaned my arch installation
and tried recompiling using code form tarballs. And I'm still unable
to compile tdelibs, but the error have changed:
Looking at the error it don't seems to be something with my build
environment but rather something qt3/tqt/tdelibs related, but since
I'm no programmer I can't really tell.